Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Party '11

Friday, October 7: Troy, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 22

Lot: Next to RP Lumber


Radar's family was visiting today; they will be here all weekend since we are close to St. Louis.


Fridman sold a used water pump to me and then he installed it for free; I was very happy to have that problem solved.


We did good business for the first show, and the second show was almost full.


As soon as the performances were done I started getting ready for the annual Halloween party. We were having it early this year because Troy is our last two day stand, and Tavana and Danny really wanted the party to take place under the big top.


It took Ryan almost an hour to apply my zombie make up. I had cut up patches of toilet paper and a rubber glove during the day so we would have tools to distort my face. With a ton of latex and make up added to those, I was ready to go!



I was very happy with how my costume came out; the only downside was that it was a real pain to eat and drink in my make up.


Here are the winners of the contests:


Adult pumpkin carving-Jamie

Child pumpkin carving-Adrian Poema Jr.


Adult costume:

1st-The Fusco Family as an Amish Family

2nd-Johnny Moss as a pimp and Silvano as his ho

3rd-Zombie Steve



Child Costume:

1st-Nico the Smurf

2nd-Mariana as Smurfette

3rd-Adrian Poema Jr. as Chucky (the killer doll, not a Smurf)



Best Unknown-Shirley North as a creepy clown



(Sorry I don't have more pictures; I was too busy trying to navigate the party with only one eye.)


After receiving my prize I went back to my trailer and took off my zombie face. The good thing is that it all peeled off in one piece.



I got into bed around 1:30 a.m. after cleaning everything up. Thank you to everyone whose hard work made the Halloween party so much fun.


No comments: