Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hudsucker By Proxy

Monday, October 3: Havana, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles-63

Lot-Business Park


Ryan and I went to the post office this morning to send some money orders. Unfortunately we arrived 30 minutes before the post office opened, so we spent some time exploring downtown.


There was a very obvious duck theme in town; a statue of flying ducks, a football mascot called the Angry Duck, even a "Little Ducklings Day Care". I asked someone and they said that duck hunting is HUGE in the town of Havana.

I quickly made a mental note to hide Ralph, Dexter, and Emmie as soon as I got back to the lot.


There was a grocery store right next to the lot, so I took advantage of the convenience and stocked my trailer with food.


During the afternoon I watched the movie "The Hudsucker Proxy". It was great, and I highly recommend it to anyone that has not seen the film.


It was a beautiful day; it is a shame that the audiences for both shows were so pathetically small.

John Moss made an announcement for everyone to move down to the ring side seats, but even then there were vacant chairs.


Bill Prickett was at the first performance, so I visited with him briefly. Mrs. North then came up and said to me and Ryan, "I don't know what you thought of the audience, but I just want you to know that there was one little girl behind me that was laughing like crazy at you two."

That made me feel better, because as the old saying goes, "If you make just one person laugh...then you're a pretty lousy clown."

Oh........


The only other occurrence of note from the first show was when I spotted a woman in the audience filming the water gag.

She just so happened to be right in front of me when I swing into the audience on a web, so I swung right up to her camera and charmingly asked, "You're not filming, are you?"

At the end of the gag I noticed she had put her camera away.


We had a fun water gag in the second show. There was one man who was laughing hard, so we played off of his energy. We also fooled around and tried some new stuff.





No comments: