Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Special Brownies

Tuesday, October 4: Sherman, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 50

Lot: Athletic grounds


This morning the Byrd Family CFA tent provided coffee, juice, and donuts for all of us. Bill Prickett tipped me off last night, so as soon as I was parked I made a direct line for the good stuff.


I desperately need a hair cut, and apparently there were two places in town that could have provided that service, but despite my best efforts I could not find either of them.


This afternoon I made chicken milanese, another recipe gleaned from Ryan and Tatiana. It came out well, but I went a little overboard with the garlic.

Let me tell you, there were no vampires to be found around my trailer today!


It was another beautiful day. The good news is that the warm weather is supposed to continue all week.


We did good business for both shows, and the members of the Byrd Family tent attended both of them.

The second water gag was a lot of fun; we were improvising a good deal and the audience stayed with us the whole time.


Dan Reynolds came backstage before finale of the second show with a tray of homemade brownies that a local lady had made for the performers. As I sampled the generous gift, I quipped, "Let's hope these aren't laced with Ex-Lax or pot."




No comments: