Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 10: McKeesport, PA-4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

After our five hour drive and bedtime of 3:00 a.m., I was not ready to get out of bed this morning.
This was unfortunate since we had a lot we wanted to accomplish before our shows.

Monroeville (about 10 miles away from McKeesport) is the home of the Monroeville Mall, where one of my favorite zombie movies, Dawn of the Dead, was filmed back in the late 70s.
Every year on the Christmas tour, I make a pilgrimage there to bask in the zombie goodness.
There is a little museum with some props and memorabilia from the movie as well as zombie replicas; I could spend a whole day there!

In addition to that stop, we needed to go to JoAnn's Fabrics and Guitar Center, as well as Half Price Books.
Ok....we didn't HAVE to go to Half Price Books, but we sure wanted to!

On the drive to the high school, Ryan and I did a phone interview for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette (Ever try to drive, use GPS, and give funny and insightful interview answers? It isn't easy! Or safe!)
Mike, a photographer from the Post Gazette, who spent some time with us this past season, must have turned his editor on to my blog (hello!), because they found out we were going to be in the area.
Here is the article:
You can also find it in today's (Sunday) issue if you are in the Pittsburgh area. It isn't 100% accurate, but hey, it's free publicity!

I was dragging butt for the first show, but the second audience had a lot more energy, so I got my second wind.

The best part of the day was going out to dinner after the shows with some of our friends from the tour.
We all had a lot of fun talking and cracking each other up.

No comments: