Monday, December 12, 2011

December 11: Altoona, PA-1:00 p.m.

I was not feeling it when I woke up at 7 a.m. We had to leave McKeesport fairly early since it was a two hour drive to Altoona and there was an early show.
I also wanted to give ourselves extra time to account for bad weather. The last few times we have played Altoona there has been nasty weather (ice and snow); besides being cold though, the weather today was beautiful.

There was a big crowd for the show and they were a great audience. We had so much fun improvising during our first few appearances on stage.

Some members of the Adam Forepaugh/Barry Lubin CFA tent (including David Orr and Don Curtis) were at the show, and after it was over they treated us to a meal at a local steakhouse.

From our tour Larry, Cassidy, Gail, and Jason joined Ryan, Tatiana, Nico and myself for the meal.
The tent presented Nico with some gifts, and Don Curtis gave me a yummy looking sampler platter of holiday treats.
We had a great time, and we really appreciated the Forepaugh/Lubin tent's hospitality and generosity.

Ryan, Tatiana, Nico, and I later met up for a dinner my cousins, The Hiott family. They have a beautiful home, and we were fortunate that they invited us to stay with them for the evening.

No comments: