Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 13: Erie, PA-7:00 p.m. & December 14: Williamsport, PA-4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

On top of our 5 a.m. arrival in Erie, I didn't sleep very well. I got a phone call that woke me up pretty early, and then I couldn't get back to sleep.

We had a lot of visitors in Erie. Karen Deal, a friend of my friend, Katy Hughs, took some time out of her schedule to come hang out with me. Sue Marranconi, a local clown, brought some baked goods and attended the show with some members of her clown alley. Our friend, Eggroll, also showed up for a visit.

I am glad we had friendly faces in the audience, because it was a rough crowd. The fact that the average age of the audience was around 80 didn't help matters.

Apparently Nico was dancing and singing in his stroller during the show's overture. He had the whole section in front of him laughing; he's definitely his father's son...a ham!

A man and his daughter came up to us while we were face painting and said they remembered us from Kelly Miller when we played North East, PA earlier in the year. I thought it was cool that they recognized us.

After the show we had a 4 1/2 hour drive to Williamsport. Ryan and I were both falling asleep during the first leg of the trip. I finally had to pull in to a truck stop and get a 5 Hour Energy drink; it worked perfectly and we got to our hotel around 3 a.m.

There's not much to report from our stay in Williamsport. We play a nice auditorium there; parking is a bit of a pain though.

We had two big crowds, and we made bank at face painting. Ryan and I had a lot of fans come to say hello that remembered us from previous years.

No comments: