Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 17: New Bedford, MA-4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Ryan, Tatiana, and I got very little sleep after we arrived at Ryan's grandparents' house. I at least got a few more winks than Ryan and Tatiana did; Nico woke up at 7 a.m., two hours after they had gone to bed.

Ryan's grandparents took us and Ryan's uncle, Kevin, to lunch at a great Brazilian BBQ/buffet, and then we began the hour and a half drive to New Bedford.

We were playing a nice auditorium; I am pleased that it was our venue for the final shows.

Today was Nico's first birthday! It was very serendipitous that our show played Massachussetts today, since Ryan's family could make it for the party.



photos by Patricia Rivers

Nico loved opening and playing with his presents, and most importantly, he enjoyed chowing down on cake.

My friend, Joy, her mother, Elizabeth, and her boyfriend, Zhang, came to watch the first show. Ryan's family also stuck around to show their support.

I was happy that we had big crowds for both shows and that the audiences were great (especially for the second performance).

By the end of the day, we were all drop dead exhausted, especially Nico (partying is hard work). I was happy to get back to the air mattress at Ryan's grandparents' house so I could catch some more sleep.

Thank you to everyone from "Twas The Gift Show Before Christmas" for a successful tour.

Coming soon, my NYC vacation!

No comments: