Saturday, February 18, 2012

Boo Ya?

Friday, February 17: Palmview, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 21
Lot: Next to Subway

Several vehicles got stuck on the Weslaco lot this morning. I was one of them; of course I get delayed when I am in a hurry to meet a deadline for a PR!

This morning John Moss gave Ryan, Delena, and I a ride to the UNIVISION station in McAllen.
While we were there, we recorded two television segments to air at a later date, and we also did a live radio spot.

I felt useless in the television spots because they were in Spanish. Ryan and Delena did all the talking with the on air personalities. I just mugged and read out of the book that I made bearing the title "Learning Spanish" (written in Espanol of course).

I was able to redeem myself a bit in the radio spot since it was in English. Two of the morning radio hosts came by to meet us; they are promoting the heck out of our stay in the Valley, and they have been giving tickets away as well.
The female host gave us a great compliment on the air early this morning, and she repeated it when she met us.
She told us that we were the funniest clowns she had ever seen. Boo ya!

Besides the radio segment, the second television piece that we recorded was my favorite. Why?
Because I got to sit next to her:


Boo ya!

The weather today was pretty miserable. It was overcast and threatening rain all day; on top of that it was humid...oh so humid.
Needless to say Ryan and I were two very sweaty clowns.

We did decent business for the first show; the turnout was better for the second one.


Just a reminder, watch me, Ryan, and Delena on KNVO UNIVISION out of McAllen today (Saturday the 18th) at 5 p.m. If you miss the segment, it is airing again in the 10 p.m. hour.

...BOO YA!

No comments: