Monday, February 27, 2012

Bye Bye Dough

Sunday, February 26: McAllen, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

This morning when I got paid, I began repaying the large loan that Mr. North was nice enough to give me this winter.

I walked over to Best Buy with Ryan and Nico to act as technology consultant. On the way we witnessed two jerks drag racing on the busy street right next to the lot.
I lectured Nico, "See those guys? They have small pe**ses."

We discovered on our trip that Nico is quite a chick magnet. Looks like Nico and Uncle Steve need to make more field trips together!

All three shows today were packed. We have had a great weekend in McAllen.

George, a local RV guy, came by about an hour before the first show to install trailer brakes for me.
The good news is that, 7 hours of work later, he got the brakes installed and reconfigured the wiring under my trailer, but the bad news is that he still has to rewire my truck.
I had to explain to him that on the circus, necessity is the mother of invention, therefore wiring jobs can sometimes be....creative.

Between the trailer brake payment and my first payment to Mr. North, I took quite a financial hit today.
Looks like someone will be living off Ramen for the next week!


4 comments:

Bruce the Clown said...

I remember once on the Bentley show dropping a block of ramen into the boiling water and watching it suddenly turn black. Turns out ants had invaded the package and they didn't like the heat, ran desparately to the top of the block that hadn't yet hit the water, but quickly succombed as the noodles softened. Despite the additional protein, I found myself unable to consume this accidental delicacy. Or much else, as they had pretty much occupied the entire pantry.

Brakes are good. Ramen keeps well in a zip-loc . . .

Sean Carlock said...

Im curious to see how many of your faithful readers are now going to start mailing you Ramen.....

Anonymous said...

Well isn't Bruce the Clown a bunch of happy news. Sorry to hear about the brakes and lack of funds. Hopefully you still have some money for coffee or who knows what the show will be like.

JCook said...

As the cook on this show I find myself both amused and offended that ramen beats out my meals even in times of financial stress. I'm going to go drown myself in beef broth and beer now.