Sunday, February 12, 2012

Duck, Duck, GOOSE!

Saturday, February 11: Brownsville, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

Today started out as a beautiful day: sunny, warm, a slight breeze...I wish our whole stay was like that!
By showtime it was overcast and cool; at least we didn't get too sweaty during all of our running around in the shows.

I spent some time in the morning visiting with our advance clowns, Dave and Sherri, swapping stories from the past year.

I met Vanessa for lunch, and then I had to rush to get into make up for a photo shoot.
A local man is a big fan of the circus, and he wanted a picture of me and Ryan with him and his fiance for their wedding invitations.
If I had known they wanted to take the pictures in the tent, I would have set an earlier time. While we were taking the photos in the preferred seating section, people were coming in to sit down for the first show.
I hope they got a usable shot; Ryan said they were a very nice couple. I wish I had gotten to speak to them more, but I showed up in the tent just in time to snap the photos and leave.

We had great crowds all day; they even had to hold the third show because people were still lined up buying tickets.

The crowds have been losing their minds over the hillbilly gag. All of our gags are getting great laughs, but people go nuts over us as hillbillies.
I sure am going to miss the great crowds down here.

When Ryan and I enter the ring for the tiger arena strike, we come in through the audience. For a couple of shows we had to squeeze right by a row of people, so I pretended that I was goosed by whatever lady was sitting behind me. Nice laugh from the audience.
In the third show, Mr. and Mrs. North were sitting in that spot, so OF COURSE I had to do the bit again!

All in all it wasn't a bad three show day. I was definitely ready for bed by the end of it though.

No comments: