Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Hit List

Monday, February 27: McAllen, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

I'll start this blog off with a little backstory:

My oldest brother is getting married on March 10th. I am going to be away from the show on the 9th and 10th to attend and be a groomsman. (Like Danny said, "Why can't they schedule this stuff for the winter?")
While I was at home I got measured for my tux. The fine folks at Men's Wearhouse promptly lost my measurements.

So I got a local business to re-measure me. While we were in Brownsville I found out that the fine folks at Men's Wearhouse lost my measurements again!
Luckily Mom had a copy of my measurements to send to them, but for some reason they weren't happy and requested that I find a Men's Wearhouse to get re-re-measured.

Yeah, sure. That's totally convenient on the road!

Mom called me today with that news; she also informed me that McAllen indeed has a Men's Wearhouse.
Luckily it was only two miles from the lot, so I hopped in my truck and went to get my measurements done.

The bottom line is, everything is done, and the measurements were sent to the Men's Wearhouse in SC.
I'm sure they will find a way to screw it up one more time before the wedding.

Oh, and I had to pay a fine because the deadline for ordering the tux was on Saturday....
Don't go to Men's Wearhouse!!!!!
Or Steve the welder in Hugo!!!!!!

(I don't like how my list is growing so early in the season!)

We did good business for the first show and there were even more people at the second show.
I think everyone was pleased that so many people showed up for a day that was added on (we were originally going to show San Juan today).

There was no cradle act in either performance, so Ryan and I had to haul butt from the tiger arena take down into the hillbilly gag.
I just made it both shows. Long shirts are a pain for a quick change!

Pat Davison, his wife Marites, and their daughter, Mabelle, came to the first show with some of the kids from their neighborhood.
The Davisons filled in on the show during the Valley dates our first year. We always enjoy seeing them and getting to visit; I wish we had more time this year.


No comments: