Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"I Said 'Hup'!"

Sunday, February 19: Palmview, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

This morning, as I was on my way back to the lot after getting coffee, a woman in an SUV pulled out of a gas station and totally cut me off.
I started to get angry until I noticed that the back window of her SUV was incredibly dirty, except for where someone had used their fingers to draw penises all over it.
Seeing that made me feel a lot better.

Anyway.

Today was another nice day. We did decent business for the first show, the second show was full, and the third show was 3/4 full.

Dave and Sherri Shepard, our advance clowns, came back to watch the show again today. Dave is taking the pictures for our new program, so they were front and center for the second performance.

They got to see a "Steve & Ryan Screw Up" in the hillbilly gag. At one point in the act I give Ryan an audial and tactile cue to set up the timing for a big hit; in the second show the cues were either not heard or they did not register, because the bit was totally flubbed, which left me completely dazed and confused for a moment. I had no idea what to do or even what bit came next; all I could do was say in a hurt and defensive tone, "I said 'Hup'!".
Luckily Ryan moved on to the next bit and we regained momentum.

I told Dave and Sherri that maybe they were jinxing us, because they were also witness to a particularly awful Angry Birds gag in Brownsville.

After a rocky second show, I got my second wind for the last performance, and it was smooth sailing from there.


No comments: