Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pirates In The Audience

Monday, February 13: Port Isabel, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 21
Lot: Laguna Madre Park

The crew was working all night to get the tent down and the big trucks off the lot. I heard that it took about an hour for each semi to be pulled out of the mud.
The last show vehicle was off the lot about an hour before our call time.

Once 6 a.m. rolled around all of the trailers were pulled off the lot. Once I had a clear path, I attempted to drive off without assistance.
I made it all the way to the road, but when I got to the curb, I chickened out and slowed down. Stuck! Centimeters from the pavement!
The tractor pulled me off and I went on my merry way.

When we got to the lot in Port Isabel, I thought we were in for more of the same. The ground was soft, there were already muddy tracks, and the generator truck got stuck pulling into its position.

Luckily the sun came out and was there to stay. The ground dried up nicely, Ryan and I cleaned our props, and I was able to hand wash all of my costumes and shoes and then put them outside to dry.

Ryan, Tatiana, Nico, and I walked into town to get some lunch and look around. We ate at Pirate's Landing, which is right next to the Black Dragon Pirate Cruise, of which our friend, Christy McDonald, is entertainment director.
Unfortunately, Christy was out of town until the late afternoon, so we didn't get to see her. My friends, Amber and Michael; however, are pirates on the cruise, and they came into the restaurant to say hello before taking off.
Obviously two pirates in full regalia coming to our table attracted some attention. Ryan suggested that I should have stood up after they left and said, "Maybe you've noticed, but I'm kinda a big deal."

We wanted to attend the pirate cruise today since it is just down the road from the lot, but we had a company meeting at 3:00 p.m. to go over rules, regulations, and the like.

We had good crowds for the shows today. Everything was SO MUCH easier without a field of mud to tromp through.
Also, Ryan and I had a few more minutes to rest in the first half because Carolyn's dog act went into the show tonight.

Our friend Christy came to the second show with her boyfriend, her parents, and her boyfriend's parents. Michael, Amber, and Amber's son were also there.
It was good to see everybody; we are planning on getting together again when we play Los Fresnos later in the month.

Ryan, Nico, and I with Christy and Darren.

By the way, if you ever want to see tour dates, go to our website: www.steveandryan.com
I just updated them.

No comments: