Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away

This morning I bundled up and went to have a coffee at Starbucks. It was only 50 degrees outside, but the wind was blowing hard and it had quite a chill on it.

While I was warming up at Starbucks I checked my iPhone for weather only to get this depressing forecast:


D'oh!

When I came back to the lot, the tent set up was underway. I was happy that the big top was going up; that gives us three good days of rehearsals before opening day.

Ryan and I walked to the movie theater in the mall this afternoon to watch Beauty and the Beast in 3-D.
The whole time Ryan and I were making jokes like, "I'm sorry guys, the line for little kid movies is over there" and "You guys don't want to go into that theatre; that movie is for little girls".
The truth is, Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies, and it was great to see on the big screen again. The 3-D made the film look beautiful.

In the evening Ryan and I went into the tent to address a rigging issue for one of our gags; luckily it seems like everything is going to be worked out.

Radar, Elisa, and I went to a sushi restaurant for dinner. While we were waiting to cross the street by the lot, we noticed that there were a ton of birds on the power lines above us.
We forgot about it until we were walking back to the lot after eating.
As we were waiting for the walk signal, I heard a loud plop right in front of me. I looked up and realized that a bird had just pooped.
Suddenly, it started raining bird crap all around us; the three of us started yelling and dancing around to avoid the onslaught. People driving by must have thought we were all escaped mental patients. We're lucky none of us jumped into oncoming traffic!

Radar got splattered once, but my coat attained the most damage. Radar had the perfect line for the situation: "Dinner was pretty good, but the walk home sure was s***ty!"

4 comments:

Tejano said...

You keep bringing the cold weather and rain when KM comes to town. This has happened before, you have had minor flooding and leaks no? :)

How does Tuesday look for you?

Bob K said...

Glad to have you back on what I hope is a daily basis.
Bob Kitto

Michael Newton-Brown said...

Lovin' these adventures.I've missed them. Welcome back.

Steve Copeland said...

Tejano,

I am sorry. I just saw this. I am booked pretty solid until we open; we have rehearsal time every day at lunch.