Monday, February 13, 2012

So Long Muckers!

Sunday, February 12: Brownsville, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

I was feeling the effects of our first three show day when I woke up this morning. Despite that and the drizzling rain, I accomplished some grocery shopping since a market is conveniently across the street from the lot.

We knew for a few days that it was going to be raining for our final day in Brownsville. Luckily for us it was rare and never a torrential downpour. Just enough drops to be annoying.

Crowds were good today, but the weather definitely cramped our style. The second show had the biggest turnout, but the final show, which usually has a line out the door and one equally as long at the ticket office, had the most empty seats.

For the remainder of the season, whenever we have a muddy day, and I feel like complaining, I'm going to look at these two pictures and tell myself, "It could be SO MUCH WORSE!"



I went to eat at the official Brownsville hangout, Buffalo Wild Wings, one last time after our final show.
When I came back, close to midnight, the poor tent crew still had a long way to go to get the tent packed away.

1 comment:

Bruce the Clown said...

You know, Steve, some days I look at your blog and really miss the days I spent in the tent on Circus Vargas . . . other days, like today, for instance . . . not so much . . .

Plod on, my friend!