Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Steve! STEVE! STEEEEEEEEEEVE!"

Friday, February 10: Brownsville, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

I slept great last night; getting the opening shows out of the way did wonders for my nerves!

I spent some time today cleaning mud off my clowns shoes. I am not worrying about costumes until we get to the next lot; it's a losing battle.

Our advance clowns, Dave and Sherri Shepard came to visit for a few days. They have been promoting a show they haven't seen for the past 10 days, so they wanted to get a better idea of key things to plug in their appearances.

Once again we had great crowds tonight. The gags continued to get good laughs, Ryan and I found points during the show to just sit down and rest for a second, and backstage was made much more bearable by the addition of more sawdust on the side where we make most of our entrances and exits.

Vanessa, the young lady who cut my hair last week, was at the evening show with her kids. I went over to say hello, and while I was there I got swamped with fans wanting pictures.
I was amazed at how many people called me by name, instead of the usual, "You!" or "Hey, stupid!"


2 comments:

Tejano said...

Hey Steve! Looks like you guys got off to a great start. I have work in Port Isabel on Monday and I may just drop by to say HI. We can do lunch on Tuesday as I have to leave Port Isabel and have to head back to another job in this part of the Valley.

Steve Copeland said...

I may need to run by Brownsville on Tuesday around 1 p.m.
Let's see. Come on by on Monday.