Saturday, February 25, 2012

You Apple!

Friday, February 24: McAllen, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

I woke up around 6 a.m. when I thought I heard hail coming down. I later deduced that it was just rain being blown into my trailer with great force by the strong winds.
When I woke up it was still windy, and the temperature had dropped considerably.

I went to a Target a couple of miles away to use a gift card my Mom got for my birthday. I spent every last penny on the card for house supplies: a new trash can, a door mat, a griddle, etc.
I also got a hair cut while I was in the area.

Back at the lot I walked over to the shopping center next door and had sushi for lunch, and then I browsed Barnes & Noble for awhile.

I love this town!

We did good business for the first show this evening, and the second performance was full.
Work seemed so much easier tonight due to the cool temperature; I wasn't a panting, sweaty mess like usual after each gag.

We had some friends in the audience for the second show: Alex and Meridee, our DJ friends from 107.9 Mix FM (they were our guest ringmasters and watched the show with their families), as well as David Dunn and his family.
David saw us our first year in McAllen, and every year I get a picture with his son Jonathan when they come to visit.
Here I am with Jonathan and his friend, Carolyn.


I was glad that our friends saw the 8:30 p.m. performance; the crowd was great and we put on a hell of a show.

The Dunn family brought an amazing gift basket for me. David's wife, Margarita, made a variety of candy apples.


Jealous? You should be! They're unbelievable!

No comments: