Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Back To Work!

Monday, March 26: Royse City, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 16 (for me)
Lot: Red Line Raceway

I had a fantastic mini vacation. Every morning I went to Starbucks for coffee. I spent Friday cleaning my trailer; several of us and went and saw "21 Jump Street" that night.
Saturday night my friends, Melodee and Logan, came over to visit and have a few beers. Mel was a clown on the Red Show, and Logan works with animals. His father is Cousin Grumpy, who has a great pig act.
I had plenty of time for catching up on reading, and the weather was beautiful; it was nice to just go outside for while and enjoy the sun and fresh air.
We definitely made a great decision in coming to the East Texas RV Park; what a nice, quiet locale.

But all good things must come to an end, so Monday morning Ryan, Sarah, the Fuscos and I left our little paradise and met back up with Kelly Miller.

Later in the morning, Ryan and I took a little pilgrimage into Rockwall to go to Half Price Books and Best Buy.

Our friend, Kelly, and his wife, Becky, came to visit before the first show. Ryan and I worked with Kelly on Ringling back in the day.
We had an average sized crowd for the first show. I wish Kelly and Becky could have seen us in front of a more enthusiastic audience, but it was pretty hot in the tent.

Melodee, Logan, and Grainger Esch came to see the second show. Grainger used to be a clown on Ringling; in fact he was at my very first circus. Now he owns a cool theatre in Salado, TX.

The second show was almost full. Ryan and I narrowly avoided twisting our ankles the whole show; there were potholes all over the ring.

In closing, here's a blog post by our friend, Alberto Ramirez, about his visits with us last week:


1 comment:

No Thyme to Lose said...

The show was great! You and Ryan are hilarious! The trumpet gag that opened the show set just the right - funny - tone, and then later the package delivery really worked. The hillbilly gag was so funny - and I like Angry Clowns better than that little Angry Birds game on my phone. I'm so glad we could see Kelly Miller this year.