Saturday, March 17, 2012

Black Duck

Friday, March 16: Corpus Christi, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

This morning there was a publicity to celebrate Becky the elephant's 37th birthday. The Corpus Christi Ballet came out to do a dance for the occasion, because as Ryan remarked, "Elephants from Oklahoma LOVE ballet."

The ballerinas were late (probably purging or dealing with split personality, if the movie "Black Swan" taught me anything), so Ryan and I filled in with some tomfoolery.

Here is a news story on the piece:


They didn't seem to realize that we opened on Thursday....that explains a lot.

At the conclusion of the ballerinas' dance, I asked Ryan, "So wait a minute, she knew the combination to the safe the whole time?"
When Ryan looked at me quizzically, I explained, "I'm sorry, when I get bored I make up my own storyline."
The couple sitting next to us cracked up and Ryan had to leave the tent because he was laughing so hard.

I went into Corpus to run some errands and get some lunch; the traffic was terrible from all the Spring Breakers.
I also discovered that there are not many easy routes to get to our lot.

We had small crowds again tonight, especially for the second show. The late show times don't seem to work here, especially with Spring Break going on.

Ryan lived with a family in California his senior year of high school, and two of the girls from that family, Tori and Hannah, came to visit today with their friend, Max.
We all went to eat after the shows, and we ended up staying out way too late considering we have three shows tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bob K said...

Nice shots of Armando.
Bob Kitto