Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Blog That Goes Like This

Tuesday, March 6: Sullivan City, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

I slept in this morning, which made me feel like a million bucks. I'm guessing the oncoming sickness I felt was a fluke, or just the effect that all the dirt in the air had on my throat.

George the RV guy came back this morning to finish wiring my truck to be compatible with my trailer brakes.
I was supposed to call him last night to confirm our appointment, and I completely forgot. Luckily he called me right after I woke up and I was able to get him to come out. If I had missed his call, he was going to head to the other side of the Valley. Whew.

The wind was especially aggravating tonight. It was blowing directly into the back door, so we were constantly holding curtains to avoid a) the audience seeing us milling around backstage and b) getting slapped in the face by a heavy piece of fabric.
John Moss said the flailing curtains symbolized the sails on our pirate ship; I never thought of such a creative way to tie the tent into our theme!
I hate it!

The first show was almost full and the second show was about 3/4 full.

During the second hillbilly gag, Ryan's wig fell off during our washer woman-esque slap fight. This gave Ryan an extra weapon; he began slapping me with his wet rag in one hand, and his wig in the other. No fair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good two day mini vacation away from the circus life.