Monday, March 5, 2012

Clean Up On Aisle....Checkout?

Sunday, March 4: Laredo, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

I woke up freezing this morning, and since the power was not on yet, I decided to go warm myself up with breakfast at IHOP.

After getting paid I went to Wal Mart to pick up a few sundry items. As I was placing my purchases on the check out counter, a bottle of laundry detergent slipped out of my hands and the plastic cap shattered on the ground.
The detergent splashed out over the floor and onto the pant leg of the lady standing in front of me.

I was mortified! I apologized and apologized; thankfully the lady was very understanding and even joked about the situation, "These pants needed cleaning anyway."
The cashier, on the other hand, gave me a look of such pure and utter hatred, loathing, and anger that I feared I might turn into stone.
I tried to help by cleaning up the mess, but the cashier barked at me, "You'll just make it worse!" before embarking on an invective in Spanish about how I threw the detergent on the floor. I believe several slurs were made against my mother as well.

I just couldn't get over how embarrassed I was about the whole situation. I made it a point to vacate the premises as quickly as possible once I had paid for my wares.

One of the current Ringling Blue Unit clowns, Oscar Liendo, is from Laredo, so he alerted his family that Kelly Miller was in town.
His mother came by before the show with Mexican food for me and Ryan. Later in the evening, more of his family brought us Whataburger.
The Liendo family rocks!

The first two shows today were almost full, and there were a few less people at the final show.
I am glad that Laredo turned out to be successful for the show.

3 comments:

Bruce the Clown said...

Did they replace the laundry detergent? Or did you have to buy another?

Steve Copeland said...

I adopted the "You break it, you buy it" mindset.

Bruce the Clown said...

Personal responsability! What a concept!