Friday, March 23, 2012

Great Day

Wednesday, March 21: Seguin, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 41
Lot: fairgrounds

We were parked next to an unsavory trailer park today. A woman from the little community came over and warned us to keep everything locked up. Great.

Ryan and I ran to O'Reilly's Auto Parts to get a few things. I needed an oil cap for my engine, but when I got back to the lot I discovered that Castro had found an extra one for me.

Ryan burned a CD with new music for our package delivery bit, so I took it over to our music department, Marshall and Mike, so they could put it into the show's playlist.

Our friends, Pam and Alberto Ramirez, came back today to visit and take us to lunch. While we were out, we also found a used book store where I happened upon a great book on the Muppets. Alberto said it was a really hard book to find, so I was quite happy with myself.

We did good business for the first show. Dan Gabert and his wife were in the audience, as well as Gloria Wilkinson.
Gloria, former head of wardrobe for the Ringling Blue Unit, was the last person in the world I expected to see at the show, since she always visits us in the Chicago area.
She was in the area due to her work as a chicken wrangler for Tic Tac Toe playing poultry (I'm not lying), and she was on her way to Baraboo to donate this tiger chase prop to The Clown Hall of Fame:



I remember seeing the tiger on Ringling when I was a teenager, so it was really neat to see it up close.
Ryan, of course, was beside himself that we couldn't buy it for future use.

There were more people at the second show, including the Hogue family. Steven Hogue and his wife, Sandra Bergamin Hogue, were clowns on the Red Unit of Ringling back in the 90s. We had a great time talking with them after the show; next time I hope we have more time to visit.
Sandra brought some delicious homemade chocolate chip pumpkin muffins as free roll. Woo wee, were they good!

I know I promised everyone two blog entries today, but I don't have it in me to write the second one right now.
Plus, I have nothing else to blog about until Monday....
"Why?", you may ask. Tune in tomorrow to find out!!!

No comments: