Friday, March 16, 2012

Habeus Corpus

Thursday, March 15: Corpus Christi, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 42
Lot: Whataburger Park

This morning I discovered via the Internet that many consider Corpus Christi to be the "Breakfast Taco King" of the world. We'll see about that!
To be honest, I was not very impressed with the place I chose; perhaps another restaurant would sway my vote, but for now, I'm gonna have to disagree with the general consensus.

It took awhile for the show to get power this morning. We are on a parking lot for Whataburger Field, and we are not allowed to drive stakes into the ground.
The generator needs a stake to act as a ground, but the cables the electricians had on hand were not long enough to reach the grass where the stake needed to be located.
Danny had to run out and buy cable, so everything was on hold for a bit.

Ryan and I took that as a cue to leave the lot and go to Half Price Books. I was good; I only spent around $50!

We had a small crowd for the first show, and there were even less people at the second show. It was actually pretty sad.

I took steps to make Ryan laugh in the second hillbilly gag:


The audience didn't seem of the mind to enjoy themselves, so I swore I was going to make at least one person crack up, even if it was just my partner!

There is a hoppin' joint across the street from the lot that is open late and serves up food as well as live music, so a group of us went over after the shows.

1 comment:

Tejano said...

First time your show has hit corpus eh? very nice town. go down to the bay and watch the windsurfers. taco capital? i beg to differ! El Valle!!
At least you are in one place for a few days.