Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm Going Home

Thursday, March 8: La Feria, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 21
Lot: by McDonald's

Around 4:30 a.m. the loud, violent wind that was blowing woke me up. I had a hard time sleeping anyway because I was nervous about waking up earlier than the call time.

I got up about 20 minutes before the majority of the show so I could go to the trailer park by the lot and use their dump station.
I also had to get fuel on the drive, so I ended up being one of the last people to get to the lot in La Feria.

Ryan and I worked on music today. We figured out the notes to the song, "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight", (I wanted to play it higher than the version in the book he had) and then we practiced the tune on cornet and tuba.

I finally finished organizing the receipts for my tax deductions this afternoon. That was akin to removing a great stone from around my neck.

The first show was about 3/4 full, and we did good business for the second show.
During the tiger arena strike of the first performance, I spotted my friend, Ramon, in the audience, so at Intermission I went out to talk with him and his wife.

(I am writing this blog from the McAllen airport. I am heading home for a day to attend my brother's wedding. I will resume blogging on Sunday. Thanks!)

No comments: