Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Special Delivery!

Monday, March 19: Pleasanton, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles 110
Lot: City Park

Even though we had to go 110 miles this morning, it was an easy drive. I left about ten minutes before the call time, so I was the first trailer to the lot.

Former Red Show clowns, Pam and Alberto Ramirez, came to visit today with their children. Ryan and I walked to a nearby Mexican restaurant with them where they treated us to lunch.
We had such a great time talking shop with them and swapping stories. I love picking the brains of any Ringling clowns that come to visit.

The Ramirez family stuck around to watch the first show. It was incredibly hot in the tent, and there was a small, dead audience.
I wish our friends could have seen us under better circumstances, but what are you going to do?
Attendance picked up for the second show; there was an average sized crowd.

Ryan and I tried a new bit (the third this year for those of you keeping count) for the tiger arena strike, where we are delivering a package to John Moss.
I like that it has a definite blow off, but it is going to take some time to find some bits and moments for the meat of the "gag".

A bad storm was heading our way, so the second half of the last show was minus a few acts. Tavo told me earlier in the afternoon that all of the trailers in the back yard were going to have to move (of all the days to be parked by water, we got one when flash floods were in the forecast), so after our last gag I hauled butt to get off the lot.

I figured I would just head to the local Walmart instead of moving to another part of the lot.
I don't like moving after the shows because I hate not knowing exactly what I am doing, and I am always worried that I am going to park in the way of everybody.
Since a) I had an easy exit to the lot, b) Walmart was on the same highway we were taking in the morning, and c) I needed to do some shopping anyway, I figured the move was a no brainer.
Ryan actually drove to the next town after the show.

Luckily the worst of the storm (tornados and flash floods) all passed by us. I don't think there was even any rain until after midnight.
More on that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Arts in the Family said...

Thanks for everything, Steve. We had a blast visiting with you and Ryan and as always we loved your clowning. You guys are busy in the show. That's what you get for being so talented! See you in Seguin.

Alberto and Pammy Ramirez