Monday, March 12, 2012

"Squawk, Squawk! No More Talk!"

Sunday, March 11: Edinburg, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 25
Lot: Corner of Canton & 83

I was bummed that I had such an early flight out of Savannah, what with the loss of an hour of sleep and all, but it wasn't too difficult to get going this morning.

I was a little worried because I only had a 30 minute layover in Atlanta, and the plane from Savannah landed at the same time my second flight began boarding.

I rushed through the terminal only to discover that the plane to McAllen was having mechanical problems with its nose cone, and the flight was expected to be delayed about an hour.
I alerted everyone at Kelly Miller that needed to know, and I told Ryan that I probably wouldn't make the first performance.

Since we had to wait so long for our flight, Delta issued all of the passengers lunch vouchers. However, just as I was going to use mine, we were alerted that the problem was fixed and the plane was ready to go.

We actually made up some time in the air and landed only thirty minutes late in McAllen. As I was redeeming my food voucher, Gene called to tell me that he had arrived to pick me up.

Luckily the Edinburg lot was not far at all from the McAllen airport, and I arrived with an hour to spare.
I quickly alerted everyone that I would indeed make the first show; I shaved, put my make up on, and then Ryan and I unloaded and set all our props.
Yay me!

Mrs. North was a little disappointed that I made it on time for the first show, because she had been having a blast filling in for me in the skeleton chase.
Ryan said she did a great job, and I wish I could have seen it just once!

The first show was around 3/4 full, and the second and third shows were almost full. Ryan said business was up substantially from yesterday; everyone must have heard I was back!
In all seriousness though, it was great to be performing again and to hear the audience's laughter.

My friend, Ramon, was at the third performance. He took a lot of pictures; I will post some in the next couple of days.

The one other notable occurrence at the third show was Ryan spotting a girl who texting on her cell phone during opening.
John Moss called her out on it over the microphone, and of course Ryan and I made light of the situation.

As we were sitting outside the tent waiting to go on for the tiger arena strike, Ryan and I were pondering how to do a call back bit about the girl on her phone.
At the beginning of the arena take down, when John Moss asked us what we were doing, I yelled out, "We got a text from that girl, so we're coming to see her!"
John started laughing and was going to skip over the joke, so Ryan and I both started yelling, "Say it! Say it!" until he repeated it on the microphone.
Call back joke accomplished!

No comments: