Sunday, March 18, 2012

Turn That Racket Down!

Saturday, March 17: Corpus Christi, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

On my morning coffee run I finally found an easy way to get back to the lot. The bonus was that it was a scenic drive alongside the ocean.

Good news: Today's crowds were the biggest we have had since we opened here on Thursday.

Bad news: That sadly isn't saying too much.

A local clown, Danny Kollaja, came to see the third show, so I visited with him a bit during Intermission.
Danny took me around town seven years ago when I played Corpus with Ringling.

A group of us went across the street to the Brewster Street Icehouse for dinner. There was a HUGE crowd for St. Patrick's Day, but luckily they were all in the outside area with live music, and not in the restaurant.

As soon as we left to head to bed though, the band cranked up the volume and my trailer was shaking with the bass and the echo of hundreds of people screaming the refrain to Van Halen's "Jump".
How thoughtful of them to do that after midnight during the middle of a six pack!

2 comments:

Paul said...

What no boxty on St. Patty's Day? Cool pictures of you and Ryan from this years circus. I sure hope you at least had a Guinness.

Steve Copeland said...

I will have all the boxty I can eat at the Irish pub in Frisco this weekend.
I had one Guinness before we went out, and I had Guinness beef stew for dinner.