Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wow, What A Difference!

Wednesday, March 7: Rio Hondo, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 70
Lot: school grounds

This was my first jump with operational trailer brakes. Wow, what a difference they make!
We had an early call time since we were driving through a couple of big cities, and the aim was to miss rush hour traffic.
Because of that, we arrived at the lot fairly early.

Since we had a bit of time before the power was turned on, I walked into town to find a mail box. After accomplishing that, I surveyed the RV park off the main street.
I had heard they have an RV dump, which I desperately needed to use, so I went ahead and paid in advance and scouted out my path in and out of the park for the morning.

Ryan and I gave all the props a thorough cleaning today. Ryan lamented, while holding a particularly filthy item, "Do you know how long it would take a prop to get this dirty on Ringling? Two years!"

My trailer step has been broken for awhile now, so I have been gingerly entering and exiting my house.
Today Fridman welded it for me; wow, what a difference!

We had an average sized crowd for the first show and there were less people for the second show. Very quiet audiences too.

Gene, who works the front door, picked up our spirits a bit by telling us about a couple of satisfied customers from Sullivan City.
Apparently two big, muscle bound men covered in tattoos approached Gene after one of the shows and said, "Tell those clowns that they are f***ing good!"
That's going in the promotional material!

During the second surfboard gag this evening, Ryan noticed a girl texting on her phone. There's a point in the act where I yell at Ryan with a megaphone and there is a sound byte of me screaming, "NO SURFING!"
After that I put down the megaphone and pointed at the girl while yelling, "And no texting!"

The audience got a big kick out of that, and the bit enlivened an otherwise dull audience.



1 comment:

Tejano said...

Steve, the show was really good! You guys keep getting better every year. Have a great trip back to your home. May see you on Sunday again as I have some friends that want to go. Thanks for coming out and talking to us. Got to chat with Ryan a bit, you did not mention the body they found behind the circus in Laredo!!!!

Hasta la vista!