Friday, March 16, 2012

"You Had A Bad Day...."

Wednesday, March 14: Alice, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 107
Lot: Jim Wells Co. Fairgrounds

We passed a checkpoint this morning where they search for any illegals trying to sneak into the country.
Last year the dogs smelled my ducks and started going crazy, so I ended up getting my whole rig X-Rayed.
This year I was not held up at all, which is good considering I have a skeleton prop in the back of the truck. No telling what they would have thought had they X-Rayed me!

There was a small crowd for the first show. I had a bad performance all around: there was a problem with a sound cable, which led to there being no sound effects for most of our gags, my knee freaked out on me for no apparent reason before the skeleton chase (scaring the bejeezus out of me), and on top of all that, I was told that we may not get water tomorrow. Oh joy of laugher!
The second show was better, but still nothing to write home about.

I don't know if any of you watch "Modern Family", but tonight's episode featured a clown that could be Ryan's doppleganger.
Director of the Clown Hall of Fame, Greg DeSanto, told me about it, and a google search revealed this picture:


I wonder if Ryan will see any royalties?

No comments: