Thursday, March 1, 2012

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Wednesday, February 29: Roma, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

I went to the grocery store next to the lot today to take advantage of the shopping convenience.
I then sewed my hillbilly wig onto a new skullcap. OH THE EXCITEMENT!

The first show was 3/4 full and the second performance was almost full.
I wish we could have been more on our game: I managed to burn my thumb while cooking dinner between shows, plus I had something in one of my contacts and my body just felt worn out. Ryan, on the other hand, was slowly losing his mind and control of his faculties...for some reason.
My apologies to anyone that saw the 8:30 p.m. show, specifically the tiger arena take down, which may very well have been the lamest excuse for circus clowning ever attempted.

As a redemption, I offer this short video of us slaying them in the hillbilly gag in (I'm guessing) McAllen, TX:


Ya hear those laughs? That's why I miss the Rio Grande Valley when we get deep into the rest of the tour.

5 comments:

Tejano said...

Laredo....
you are on the east side, close to lots of food. hey, if you have time, eat at Danny's, local chain. good food.

have fun

Steve Copeland said...

Thanks for the heads up!
I will go there today!

Tejano said...

DID YOU ALL HEAR THE GUNFIRE BETWEEN THE BORDER PATROL AND DRUG CARTEL? THERE WAS ONE IN ROMA THE OTHER NIGHT. VERY CLOSE TO WHERE YOU GUYS WERE AT. :)

Steve Copeland said...

I did not. I miss all the fun!
Danny's was good.

Michael Newton-Brown said...

Wish the camera was closer so I could see better. Nice timing. Made me laugh, and that doesn't come easy. Congrats.