Monday, April 23, 2012

Black Hole Crowds

Sunday, April 22: Potosi, MO-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 25
Lot: fairgrounds 

From reading my past blog entries, I remembered that there are usually no gas stations on the way to Potosi. Twice I have almost run out of fuel on the jump there, so this time I was prepared with a full tank of gas.
It turns out I didn't have to worry after all; the jump was short and the route we took had plenty of service stations along the way.

When I got to the lot I began my morning ritual of unhooking my truck from my trailer. After jacking the trailer up, I went to pull my truck away.
I don't know if I didn't have my trailer high enough or if the uneven ground caused my blocks to shift, but when I drove away I pulled my trailer and sent it into a nosedive to the ground.
I was not amused....

Luckily one of my blocks kept my trailer's jack from going completely into the ground, so I was able to get my rig level again. It was simply a slow process of stacking blocks and working the jack. Angrily of course.

The audiences today were dead. There's just no nice way to say it.
The black hole where their energy should have been was doing its best to wear all of us performers down too.

Luckily we survived and I went out with Radar and his family for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. 
I was back in my trailer before 9 p.m., which I greatly enjoyed. Sometimes it's nice to just have an evening at home. 

No comments: