Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Cupcake Is Mightier Than The Sword

Friday, April 20: St. Genevieve, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 55
Lot: City Park

Shortly after we arrived in town, it started raining. It was dreary and wet all morning, and it stayed overcast and chilly for the remainder of the day.

The audiences tonight were good, but I think they would have been a lot better had it been warmer out.
In the second show I got a couple of nice laughs in our package delivery bit. I was in a particularly crowded section of bleachers, and I had to squeeze past a row of people. Very touchy, feely people....

When I was clear of the section, I patted my pockets and yelled, "Somebody stole my wallet!" 
After that laugh subsided, I ad libbed, "I'm just kidding. I'm a clown! I don't have any money!"
Ah, self depreciating humor....

After the shows Radar's family hosted a BBQ. I went over to eat, drink and be merry! 
Christian, the new tiger groom, mentioned that the get together was almost like a belated birthday party for Radar, so everyone burst into a impromptu rendition of Happy Birthday (which sounds pretty similar to the regular version, I guess.....).
As everyone was singing, I slowly got out of my seat, grabbed a cupcake, and stood waiting. When the song ended, I whipped the cupcake at Radar's face as fast as I could.
Unfortunately my aim sucked and his Spidey Sense must have tingled, because he moved his head quickly and the icing only grazed his hair.
There's always next year though.....

We had power all night. High five! 

No comments: