Saturday, April 7, 2012

Karaoke Party

Friday, April 6: Malvern, AR-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 53
Lot: Moose Lodge

On this morning's jump, I must have been in a daze, because I ran over a couple of curbs with my trailer while taking turns too tight.
Needless to say, everything in my house was down on the floor, which didn't start my morning off on the right foot.
When I opened up the back of my truck, I realized that I had forgotten to secure the bag of duck food, so it had spilled all over the floor.
The final straw occurred when I was making breakfast. I had just opened a new package of bacon, and as I was placing it back in the fridge, the contents slipped out of the bag and fell onto my floor.
That almost caused me to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

Luckily my day got much better!

In the late morning I caught a ride with Ryan, Tatiana, and Mrs. Fusco to Walmart, where I was able to get an Easter basket together for Nico.

Our friends Dave and Cherie Gregg, who are the advance clowns for the Gold Unit of Ringling (and were on the latest season of the Amazing Race), came to visit this afternoon, and they watched the first performance.
We had good audiences tonight, but I wish the first crowd had been better.

After the shows a group of folks from the show moseyed on over to the Moose Lodge to have a few drinks in honor of John Moss' birthday.
The members of the Lodge were gracious enough to invite us over and sign us in as their guests.
I totally dug the place; it was nice and quiet, and everyone seemed to be having fun.
Best of all, they had karaoke!

I sang a bunch of songs, but I pushed my luck singing "Polka Face" by "Weird Al" Yankovic. It was not my proudest karaoke moment, but I made up for it with my other selections.
Jeremiah and Lamont wowed the crowd with a duet on Billy Joel's "Piano Man", with Jeremiah "singing" and Lamont on the harmonica.
Even Fridman got up and rocked out to the Temptations and Freddy Fender!

The folks at the Lodge were gracious and generous hosts, and I'm very glad I decided to visit.

No comments: