Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Missouri Hates "Fecies"

Tuesday, April 17: Poplar Bluff, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 60
Lot: fairgrounds

On this morning's jump I was almost to the lot, and I had mentally checked out. Sara was ahead of me, so I was just following her. I saw her making a turn up ahead of me, so I made a note: I'll turn up there.
Just as I was thinking that, I drove by the actual turn arrows. Sara blew the turn, and in my semi comatose state, so did I!

I saw that the place where Sara had turned was a spot to swing her rig around and get back on the right path. I pulled into the same tiny parking lot; it was an extremely tight fit, and we both JUST made the turn around without smashing up our trailers or anyone's property.

Our circus convoy took a very roundabout way of getting to today's lot to avoid going over a steep hill with train tracks at the top. There was concern that some of the trailers would get hung up on the tracks.

My generator was acting screwy this morning (likely due to Sunday night's heavy rain fall), so I walked into town to find some eats.
I stumbled upon a fantastic restaurant called Myrtle's Place. I'm not sure if any of you will ever have a reason to go to Poplar Bluff, but if you do, check out Myrtle's. The breakfast was delicious (and served all day)!

The waitress at Myrtle's told me of a laundromat that was within walking distance of the lot, so I went back to my trailer to get all my dirty clothes together.
I actually would have had a very short walk to the laundromat had the lot not been surrounded by a body of water. It turns out that I didn't have to worry anyway, because Becky, who was about to do laundry as well, spotted me and offered me a lift.

After driving the route that I would have been walking, I was glad that I got a ride. The journey would have been a real pain in the butt with my sack of clothes weighing me down.

Becky and I knew we had stumbled upon a classy place when we spotted this sign:


I wonder if the rule applied to human feces? Oh well!
(Notice how I spelled feces correctly and without a superfluous apostrophe.
Steve-1 Missouri-0)

The audiences tonight weren't the best we've performed for, but whatever! Tomorrow is another day/pair of audiences!


No comments: