Thursday, April 26, 2012

On The Soapbox

Wednesday, April 25: Mascoutah, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 44
Lot: East of Scheve Park

This morning while I was driving I noticed a strawberry/kiwi-ish scent wafting from my truck. I looked around and found an air freshener that Alex had placed by my radio when he cleaned my truck yesterday.
Now that's service!

Ryan and I walked into town to drop some mail off at the post office. On the way back we stopped in a cafe and felt compelled to buy something when we found out they were closing on Friday.

There were sooooo many people in the back yard today. I watched from my window and became more and more aggravated as kids would go up to my duck, Emmie, and just yell "QUACK QUACK QUACK" into his face. There were many other methods of duck teasing that the kids employed; one kid even puffed his chest out like he was challenging my duck to a fist fight.
Needless to say, there were several times when I was close to going outside and boxing some heads. It's ok for the town people to come in our back yard and harass the animals, but I'd get a butt full of buckshot if I went outside their house and up to their dogs to yell, "BARK BARK BARK" at them.

Just venting. Moving on....

Radar's friend, Ken, brought some delicious spaghetti and meatballs, bread, and brownies this afternoon. Radar, Christian, and I chowed down like it was going out of style!

We had good audiences tonight, but as usual, the second crowd was livelier. I'm sure you've all figured that out by now.

QUACK QUACK QUACK!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least they didn't yell AFLAC.

EleFanOhio said...

You need a sign:

WARNING!
ATTACK DUCK
Keep back 20'

Anonymous said...

What would Howard the Duck do?

Alberto Ramirez Jr.

Sean Carlock said...

I still love the girl that asked us why so many people were camping on the lot...