Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pogo Pizza

Saturday, April 21: De Soto, MO-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 45
Lot: Am Vets Post


The audiences today were standard weekend crowds. People just don't seem to be that enthusiastic at afternoon shows, which makes almost every weekend a hurdle for me and Ryan.
There's a great speech in the movie "Mr. Saturday Night" about how comedy is a night time activity. I tried to find the text online, but to no avail.
Do yourself a favor and check out the movie if you haven't seen it; it's a great film!

(Perhaps you disagree with my thoughts. If so, let's discuss in the comments; I'm just speaking from my own experiences)

After the shows Radar's family took us to dinner at a pizza restaurant called Pogolino's, whose mascot is a mustachioed clown on a pogo stick.



(If you wish to discuss that as well, please let's do so in the comments!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I always prefer to do shows at night, when I am playing a fair with my stage.

Kenny

billy martin said...

RIGHT YOU ARE SIR! YOU'RE NOT FUNNY ON THE TODAY SHOW, YOU'RE FUNNY ON THE TONIGHT SHOW.... PEOPLE DON'T GO TO A DAY CLUB - THEY GO TO A NIGHT CLUB (FROM MR SATURDAY NIGHT)... AND I JUST STUFFED 2 CRAB CAKES DOWN MY PANTS AND NOBODY KNOWS.... AND HEY, WHAT'S WITH YOUR F---ING HAIR????