Monday, April 30, 2012

Preachy!


Sunday, April 29: Mt. Zion, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 35
Lot: high school grounds

We were only a few miles from Decatur today, so I went into town to get coffee and breakfast.

It was cold and rainy this morning, not fun weather to stand in while waiting to get paid. Exactly when it was my turn to get paid, the sponsor cut in front of me to settle up with the office. I had to wait even longer, probably catching pneumonia in the meantime.
True, I could have stood under the pony ride tent to keep dry like all the smart people did, but I am stubborn and wanted to get my money's worth out of my umbrella. 

Bill Prickett and his wife Nancy came to visit and see the show today. Nancy made a delicious cheesecake for me, Ryan, and Radar. 



We had good audiences today, especially for the first show. Of course, it may have just seemed better because we had friends in the crowd.

Tonight Ryan and I finally got to see the new Three Stooges movie. Armando, also a Stooge fan, brought his grooms and kids as well.
I thought it was very funny, and I enjoyed it a great deal. The only thing that turned me off was at the end when the Farrelly brothers, who made the film, gave a speech about how the props were made of rubber and "Please don't try this at home, kids". 
If Ryan and I ever give an announcement like that after one of our gags, please hit us with a real sledgehammer. 



No comments: