Sunday, April 29, 2012

Trailer Tetris

Saturday, April 28: Arthur, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 85
Lot: old football field

This morning's drive seemed to go on, and on, and on, and on, and on....

and on, and on, and on, and on!

Once we got to town I walked to a little Amish coffee shop that I remembered from two years ago. They have excellent coffee and pastries.

John Moss tipped me off to the direction of the downtown. I dropped some mail off at the post office and looked through an antique store.

There is an Amish restaurant up the road from the lot where I was looking forward to having lunch, but I went right at their "rush hour", and the wait was ridiculous. I decided to just wait for one of the other Amish restaurants we play near later in the season.

It was a rainy dreary day, but luckily that didn't affect our business. The first audience was having fun, but the second audience was very quiet. There were a lot of Amish folks in the seats.
When John Moss was starting the Angry Birds gag, he started with his usual line, "I have a new App for my iPhone..."
Ryan said, "I don't believe the Amish know what he's talking about."
I quipped, " that a kind of barn?"

So I'm a bit insensitive to other cultures....Ryan and I got a good laugh out of it!

Dave, who does booking for Kelly Miller, and Rick, who has taken fantastic photos of us, were at the first performance. I went out to visit with them during Intermission.

Radar and I went across the street after the shows for some delicious BBQ.

Tavo had told everyone earlier in the day that at 10 p.m. the power would be shut off so we could move to the parking lot.
Radar and I got back to the lot around 8:30 p.m., and a large number of folks had already moved. I figured I would enjoy having power for awhile longer before I moved.
Well, that was my decision until my power started turning on and off. Finally I got frustrated and decided to go ahead and move.

Finding a space in the parking lot was like playing a game of Tetris. Besides the folks from our show that had already parked, there were random cars spread out in inopportune places, as well as telephone poles.

I had Radar help me back into a space so I wouldn't smash up anything important, like my house! After getting settled down I realized how tired I was. I'm glad I didn't wait until 10 p.m. to move; I probably wouldn't have made it!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I hope yall are well! I missed you in TX, but it's been a long year and it is only April!

Send my well wishes to everyone!