Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Vault

Monday, April 23: Farmington, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 23
Lot: fairgrounds

This morning most of us had ice on our windshields; I used a "My Panera" card to scrape it off, freezing my fingers in the process.

I accomplished many things once I got to Farmington: I went into town and did laundry, I sent some money home at the post office, I got my hair cut, and I went grocery shopping.
I picked Ryan up afterwards so we could have lunch at Steak & Shake.

Later in the day and also during the shows I cleaned my trailer, which it definitely needed!

Tim Smith, who owns a place in town called the Vault (http://www.thevault204.com/The_Vault/The_Vault.html), his wife, Kerry, and their friend, Steve (who is a photographer), all came to the first show.
Tim brought fantastic gifts for us: stickers for me and Ryan, and awesome posters for Becky.

The three of us went out to visit with Tim, Kerry and Steve during Intermission. I can't get over the fact that I fell for the old hand buzzer gag from Tim. 
Courtney Heidenreich, who worked here in 2009, had the day off from work in St. Louis, so she was also around watching the show and visiting with folks.

The ground today was very difficult to work on; we could barely keep stable footing. Luckily the crowds helped make up for it, especially the second audience, which was fantastic!
Their response was a great way to end our (first) run in Missouri.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that my 4 yr old daughter was very enthusiastic and she loved you two. She couldn't stop laughing!

JaNae said...

I must say that my 4 yr old daughter was very enthusiastic and she loved you two. She couldn't stop laughing!

JaNae said...

I must say that my 4 yr old thought you two were great. Thanks for entertaining us last night!

Steve Copeland said...

I'm glad to hear that!

Bruce "dr molar magic" Lish said...

You have got to start selling those stickers and posters to all of us blog followers. One of those stickers would look cool on my steamer trunk.
Can't wait for you to come to NY my son and I are planning a road trip to see the show....when the route is scheduled.
thanks!

Steve Copeland said...

Bruce,
Unfortunately we are not playing NY state this year.

Steve

Bruce "Dr. Molar Magic" Lish said...

Oh man!!!!
Guess it has to wait until next year....thanks
Keep up the Bloggin'
Bruce