Thursday, June 21, 2012

Amityville Horror

Wednesday, June 20: Amityville, PA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 75
Lot: Amity Fire Co. Grounds

This morning's drive was a royal pain. I was most worried about some steep hills at the beginning of the drive, but they weren't too bad. The way the trip seemed to drag on forever and the wacky detours we had to take because of construction are what wore me down.

Pretty soon after I got parked, Ryan and I went to Walmart to get more packing tape for our delivery box, as well as a few other supplies.
When we got back to the lot, Ryan finished wrapping the box in tape, and I gave two new music tracks to Marshall so he could put them in the show computer.

It was HOT today! I heard the temperature got up to 101 degrees, and the heat index was over 100 as well. I tried to make sure that Emmie had as much shade as possible.
I was grateful that Fridman fixed my air conditioning; I would have died without it!

Doing the shows today was as much fun as......something that isn't very much fun. I just felt like I couldn't do anything; the uneven ground and the heat just zapped my energy.
Even the night show didn't bring us any relief. The sun was gone, but the humidity was so thick we could barely breathe.

Needless to say I was happy to be able to shower after work. I had heard rumor of free beer and burgers in the fire station after the shows, but when I walked over I couldn't find an unlocked door or signs of any kind of get together.
It was probably for the best that I went to bed anyway; I wasn't really up for socializing.

No comments: