Tuesday, June 5, 2012

ARRRRRRRRRR!

Monday, June 4: Hancock, MD-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 66
Lot: Widmeyer Park

The drive this morning was a royal pain. There were many ups and downs to traverse before we got to Hancock.

As soon as I got my house set up, I sprang into action; I walked to the laundromat nearby to wash clothes.  Even though I just did laundry a couple of days ago, I wanted to take advantage of the convenience. Anyway, I still found plenty of things that needed cleaning.

My truck and trailer were on a heck of a slant today. I couldn't even get one of the doors on the back of my truck to stay open.
I moved the truck to the back door area so it could be on level ground, and so we wouldn't have to haul the heavy hillbilly box such a long way.

Ryan has written some notes about gag writing and types of gags that we are going to present to the members of our CFA tent on Saturday. Today I helped him type his lesson plan out, and I also proofread.

Pat, Thom, and Mike, from the Freestate Clown Alley #30, as well as the John Ringling North II/Steve & Ryan tent, were watching the first show.
At Intermission Ryan and I visited with them, as well as David Orr and members of the Adam Forepaugh/Barry Lubin tent, who provided cake and ice cream to go along with dinner in the cookhouse.

Don Curtis came back today with some shots he took of some of us performers in the back yard last week. Here is my awesome shot:


There were some annoying teenagers playing basketball on a court adjoining the back yard. They were going out of their way to be obnoxious, so of course Ryan and I reveled in mocking them...cause we're so mature ourselves...

Despite that annoyance backstage, the crowds in the tent were great, and had a lot of energy.

1 comment:

Harry Kingston said...

Dr. Curtis is a darn good photographer and he has that magic eye just when to press the sutter for the best photos ever.
Also a circus fan that is with it and for it.
Ought to be more like him.
Harry in Texas