Saturday, June 23, 2012

Circus Afro

Friday, June 22: Weatherly, PA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 40
Lot: Eurana Park

After getting parked this morning, I walked into town to see the sights; I found a little deli where I had breakfast.

Ryan tipped me off to the whereabouts of a book store right next to the lot. Although their books were unorganized, I found three that piqued my interest, including a first edition of Chaplin's autobiography in great condition.

It was supposed to storm today, but it only sprinkled a bit before the first show. At least it had the predicted effect of bringing down the temperature a few degrees. Today wasn't nearly as hot as the last two days have been.

Ryan and I had fun with our two new numbers in the second show; the fact that the audience was fun helped a lot. The crowds today were the liveliest we've had all week.

There was a kid in the audience at the first performance who was wearing a rainbow afro wig and clown make up. I figured he might be an aspiring clown, so I went out after the show to say hello.

Since he was wearing a rainbow wig, I figured I would greet him with what was certain to elicit a laugh:


The kid and his family looked at me like I was a bug that had crawled out from under a rock. Apparently they haven't watched TV or been to a movie theater in the past few months....I felt like such a jack ass!

Just remember to stay in school kids, or you'll end up like me!


No comments: