Friday, June 22, 2012

Elmo's World

Thursday, June 21: Schuylkill Haven, PA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 50
Lot: The Island

This morning Ryan and I had a rehearsal with Marshall, Mike, and John Moss for our new version of opening, and the new ending for our package delivery bit. It was quick and easy; just like me!

John Moore, a freelance writer who found my blog a couple of months ago, caught the rehearsal; afterwards he interviewed me for a piece he is working on. As soon as I get access to it, I'll be sure to share it on here.

About an hour before showtime there was a knock on my door. I opened it and was surprised to see Elmo Gibb.
He brought me a digital copy of a thesis by Phyllis Rogers called "The American Circus Clown", and he brought Ryan a new toy and lots of prop building knowledge. 
Ryan and I had a great time picking his brain for ideas, stories, and general "how to" tips.

It was another hot day, but it didn't seem as bad to me as yesterday. The fact that Elmo was visiting and we were trying out new material helped, I'm sure.

The new opening and package delivery blow off seemed to go well, but of course, they are far from perfect. We will tweak them over the next several days and see what is worth keeping and developing and what needs to be changed. Ah clowning, the never ending process....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked with Elmo in the late 80's on Clyde Beatty and was always amazed at what he could build out of the back of a pickup.He has some serious talent.

Anonymous said...

I worked with Elmo in the late 80's on Clyde Beatty and was always amazed at what he could build out of the back of a pickup. He has serious talent.