Friday, June 1, 2012

Finally!

Thursday, May 31: Grantsville, MD-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 73
Lot: Town Park

The drive this morning was pretty hellacious. Once we got on the interstate, which was the majority of our trip, we were constantly climbing steep hills. Thank God I have a dependable truck this season.

As soon as I got everything situated at the lot, I walked into town to find trouble. Instead I found breakfast at the Casselman Inn, a hotel/restaurant.

Mike, the drummer, gave me a ride on the back of his moped to a nearby laundromat. It was close enough to the lot that I was able to walk back after my clothes were dry and folded.

Don Curtis came by to visit and take some photos of performers in the back yard. He also brought me some steak kabobs that I can't wait to barbecue this weekend.

The past week has been fairly lame for me, but today was a good day.

No comments: