Monday, June 11, 2012

"The Hills Have Eyes"

Sunday, June 10: Carneys Point, NJ-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 43
Lot: YMCA ball field

Sara and I both left early this morning so we could go to the Flying J on the route. After using the dump station, I continued on my way and saw another Flying J a few miles later.
Then, as we were pulling into town, there were signs for....yet another Flying J!
Sometimes we'll go months without seeing one, and then this morning, within a 30 mile radius, there were three!

It was another hot day; luckily my air conditioning was being cooperative.
In the first Angry Birds gag, the bungee on the slingshot broke during only the second bit. Ryan and I muddled through the gag, but the slingshot is out of commission until we can find some new surgical tubing and perform dissection on the prop. It's going to be a pain in the butt!

Our friend, Chris Shelton, who is a former Ringling clown, came to the second show with his longtime performing partner, John Hadfield, a Clown College grad.
We visited with them after the performance, and then we headed across the street to a pizza/cheesesteak joint for dinner. We stayed after their closing time, sitting on one of the outdoor picnic tables and just sharing stories; it was a good time.


1 comment:

Shirley North said...

New Jersey is full of Flying J if my memory serves me right but it was so hot when I was there I said never again in that state!