Saturday, June 16, 2012

Laughter, It Does A Body Good

Friday, June 15: Carteret, NJ-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 60
Lot: football field

Since we jumped to Carteret last night, I got to sleep in this morning. I didn't want to feel like a total sloth though, so I took some time to clean house after I got up.

My friends, Lisa and Cricket, came to have lunch with me. Lisa was a lighting tech on the Blue Show with me for a year, and Cricket and I worked together in Clown Alley for two years.
We went to a restaurant not too far from the lot where I ate a sandwich called the Sexy Walk of Shame. How apropos!

Lisa and Cricket watched the first half of the show, along with Dan, who was also a fellow clown while I was on Ringling.
At Intermission, Dan had to take Lisa and Cricket to the bus station, but he came back to watch the second show.
Also in attendance were Pat Cashin, who is currently working to revive Captain Kangaroo (of which he owns the rights), and his son, Shane. The parents of John Stokvis, one of Ryan's Smirkus clown partners, surprised Ryan by showing up as well.

Our friends saw a great show; the audience was incredible! A particular high point for us was the hillbilly gag; people were losing their minds! What an indescribable feeling....I wish I could bottle it up and keep it for the days when I'm feeling down.

After the shows Ryan and I hung out with Dan and Pat, and we also attended a BBQ that the Fuscos were throwing.
Pat had us laughing our butts off until 2 a.m., when we finally got to bed. I needed to go to bed earlier, especially since a third show was added for Saturday, but I also needed some good laughs.

No comments: