Friday, June 8, 2012

Master Ink

Thursday, June 7: New Oxford, PA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 52
Lot: Irishtown fire co. grounds

We were on a tight lot today; all of us that were parked in the back yard got to be very intimate.
Our advance clowns, Dave and Sherri, tipped me off to a great place to get eggs benedict for breakfast, but unfortunately my truck was blocked in, and I didn't feel like walking the six mile round trip into town.

Luckily, Aaron, who used to work for the show, is now involved with the fire department that sponsored us, and he made sure there was coffee and donuts for everyone when we arrived.

Tonight John Moss gave us a microphone to use in the package delivery bit. It seemed to work out well, and it definitely draws more focus to us and what we're doing. Now if only what we were doing was funny, we'd be set!
I just need to make sure I don't slip up and put my foot in my mouth in my inimitable fashion, i.e. "Get a room!"

Before the show, Carolyn and Lamount told us to go say hello to a gentleman in the seats who was covered with tattoos. When I went out at Intermission to meet him, I found out why.
On his back he had a tattoo of four famous Ringling Bros. clowns: Otto Griebling, Lou Jacobs, "Frosty" Little, and Emmett Kelly.


Al, the owner of the tattoos, is 63 years old. He had never been to a circus before, so he was unaware of the significance of who he had illustrated on his back. He told me that he simply likes clowns.
Almost his entire body is inked, including his face, and he told me that his goal was to be 100% covered by age 65. 
He was very nice, and after the show I took photos with him and his family.



1 comment:

john goodall said...

I have forwarded the picture of the tatoos of Lou Jacobs, Frosty Little and Emmett Kelly on the circus goers back to Dolly Jacobs.