Sunday, June 17, 2012

Nominal Clown

Saturday, June 16: Carteret, NJ-2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.

Even though I got to sleep in a bit this morning, I was still pretty beat from my late bedtime.

My friend Scott O'Donnell, who is currently working with Live Nation, took me to lunch. Before the show Ryan and I got to visit with him for awhile; it was nice to catch up since we hadn't seen him in two years.

Scott and Rob Torres, who was recently on Big Apple and is currently touring internationally, watched the first show. Afterwards they had some invaluable advice and critiques to make our two weakest numbers better.

John Bundy, who performed with us on the Bill Hall Christmas tour, and his wife came to the second show. I wish we could have visited with them more afterwards, but the second show ended four minutes before the third show was supposed to start.
As soon as the tiger arena was up, the first few acts were ready, and the public was seated, the show began.

The audiences were great all day; a third show was definitely necessary. In the last two shows Ryan and I changed up the package delivery bit per some of Scott and Rob's suggestions; the changes seemed to go over well and better grab the audience's attention.

By the time we were done with work, I was wiped out. Between the three shows and all of our friends visiting, it was a jam packed day!

No comments: