Saturday, June 30, 2012

There Can Be Only One

June 29: Attleboro, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 25
Lot: La Salette Shrine grounds

This morning I went to do laundry here:


It was tough to get anything washed with all the lightning and sword fighting going on around me.
I asked the lady why there was a solitary machine for both washing and drying, and she yelled in my face, "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"
I was dismayed to find I only had cash with me; luckily Sean Connery had change.

I think I'm done beating that dead horse.

After I got back to the lot it started raining heavily for a short while. The cement we were set up on dried quickly once the sun came out.

When I heard we were going to be on Shrine grounds, I assumed it was a Masonic shrine, but it turned out to be an honest to goodness religious shrine.
I walked around the grounds attempting to attain inner peace, and I also watched the ducks preen themselves by the shrine's pond.



It was a hot and humid day, even when the sun went down. Despite that, we had good audiences for the shows.





3 comments:

Bruce the Clown said...

LaSalette- a Catholic missionary order founded after an appearance of Mary, mother of Jesus, to two shepherd children in the village of LaSalette, outside Grenoble, France, late 1800's, I think.

I know this because LaSalette History was a subject in my freshman year of high school at LaSalette Seminary in Cheshire CT, in 1962 . . .

Steve Copeland said...

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle!

Ryan Easley said...

You've gotta know. You've gotta always be aware!