Saturday, June 2, 2012

What A Load Of Bull....horn

Friday, June 1: Lonaconing, MD-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 23
Lot: athletic field

There was an early call time even though we had a short jump this morning. I imagine it was because we drove by a very strict weigh station on the way to town.

It was a rainy, overcast day. I stayed indoors, partly because of the weather and partly because there was absolutely nothing to do in Lonaconing.

Valerie, Fridman's wife, came back to the show yesterday. I visited with her briefly while I got into make up.

The first audience just zapped my energy. I tried to get a rise out of them with my new toy, a bullhorn. There was an extra one in the office, so I grabbed it for use in our package delivery bit.
Sadly even my aggravating yelling and blasts from the horn's siren couldn't wake up the crowd.

The second half was cut short because of an incoming storm. It hit during the juggling act, and the heavy rainfall was almost deafening in the tent during our surfing gag.
As if it wasn't hard enough to get something out of the audience, we had to compete with a torrential downpour and thunder for their attention!

On the plus side, the storm passed by quickly and the second crowd showed some signs of life.

Tavo told me earlier in the day that everything was going to move off the lot tonight. I scouted out the area where we were going to be parking, and it looked rather small to me.
I decided to get a head start on the jump to Petersburg since there was a Walmart on the way.

By the time the show ended I had my rig ready to go, and I rushed to get out of make up and costume so I could hit the road.

I arrived at Walmart safely, and then I went inside to do my weekly grocery shopping. Ryan and Tatiana also joined me at the parking/shopping paradise.


No comments: